On 18 May 2021, Klima-Allianz Deutschland and VENRO will host the digital conference “Joining Forces for Climate Action – African and European Civil Society Perspectives”. You can register here until 14 May 2021! The event brings together political stakeholders and representatives from academia, civil society and media from Africa and Europe to highlight the urgent need for an ambitious climate policy rooted in solidarity.
Calls for a closer collaboration on climate issues between Africa and Europe are heard more and more. Relations between the two continents and ways in which they can act together will therefore form the main focus of the conference, along with civil society demands.
The keynote speakers and panellists include:
- Dr Pierrette Herzberger-Fofana, Member of the European Parliament, Greens/EFA,
- Hindou Oumarou Ibrahim, President of the Association for Indigenous Women and Peoples of Chad (AFPAT),
- Pia Jorks, Head of Policy, Klimadelegation e.V.,
- Josefa Leonel Correia Sacko, AU Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture,
- Ovais Sarmad, Deputy Executive Secretary, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and
- Dr Jürgen Zattler, Director General for International Development and Climate Policy, German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Participants can also register for one of the five thematic workshops on energy, hydrogen, climate finance, climate-induced migration and climate justice.
For further details about the programme and the registration kindly visit the conference website.